I thought maybe it would be valuable to include our “must haves” all in one place. Everyone’s items that they use everyday are different of course but I found it really helpful finding out from other parents what they legitimately used all of the time at all the different stages.
- Enfamil A+ Formula (We used the ready-feed because it was what they gave the twins in the NICU but we ended up converting to powder around 3 months)
- Medela Breast Pump
- Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets
- Carter’s Receiving Blankets
- Newborn Hats
- Philips ‘Soothie’ Soothers
- Fisher Price Bassinets
- Weleda Calendula Face Cream (Newborns can have very congested acne prone skin, this face cream did wonders for it)
- Live Clean Baby Wash
- Baby Play Mat
- Dr Brown’s Bottles
- Diaper Genie
- Diaper Genie Refills
- Biogaia Probiotic Drops – We started using this around 3 months. Their little digestive systems are still developing and this really helped especially because it was around this time that we had to convert the twins exclusively to formula.
6 – 9 MONTHS
- Sophie La Giraffe (Teether)
- Baby Jumper (The Circle of Neglect)
- White Noise Machine
- Foam Tiles (Once the boys started trying to crawl/climb they fell down a LOT so the foam tiles helped reduce the damage for sure)
- Ingenuity High Chair (So key for the twins that all parts can be removed & washed and it’s on wheels so it can be moved around easily)
- Baby rear view mirror
- Huggies Night Diapers (Prevented MANY overnight blowouts)
- Nasal Aspirator Trust me, when your baby gets their first cold and they’re congested…. you will be happy you have this.
9+ MONTHS (aka Right Now)
- Cheerios (Once you get past the dissolvable puffs these were great for teething & easy snacks)
- Gerber Puffs
- The Wiggles (I can’t even explain how mesmerized the babies are by this show and it’s made me able to empty the dishwasher on more than one occasion)
- Outlet Covers – The beginning of our baby proofing. Babies legitimately have a fascination with outlets for some reason so these are very necessary.