Time Investment: 30 Minutes Beginning to End!
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Red Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cucumber, Chopped
- 1 Mango, Peeled & Chopped
- 1 Cup Edamame (Frozen)
- 1 Bell Pepper (I used Orange), Chopped
- 1 Lime, Zested & Juiced
- (Creamy Balsamic Dressing)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt (Plain)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Add quinoa & water to pot, bring to boil then reduce to low heat for roughly 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes to “fluff”.
- Add remaining ingredients to a bowl and cooked quinoa
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and add too quinoa (I used about a cup’s worth of the dressing and then saved the rest in a mason jar to use another time.
Mama Pro Tips:
– I add a heaping teaspoon of salt as well as a tablespoon of smoked paprika to the water when I make quinoa to add some flavour but you can add any other seasonings!
– You could include chicken or chickpeas to increase the protein content!